In August 2012, both versions of Pic-a-POD (Mac & iOS) were updated.
The Mac version was made fully compatible with Mountain Lion.
- Desktop changes posted to Mountain Lion Notification Center so you can get info about your current desktop with a swipe.
- Sharing a link to a pic will use Mountain Lion’s new sharing facilities if available.
- Closing main window no longer quits the app.
- Twirly when receiving new image was not always disappearing.
- Status bar looked wrong with Mountain Lion.
If you don’t like the way notifications appear, you can configure this in
System Preferences > Notifications.
One consequence of this update is that I have no dropped support for OS 10.6.x
I do not have the resources to support more than two major version of the operating system, so 10.7 and 10.8 are the only supported systems.
Unfortunately, the previous version of Pic-a-POD (2.0.5) had a bug when run under 10.6 and peoples till using 10.6 cannot update to the new version. If anyone has this problem, please use the “Report a bug…” menu item to contact me and I will send you a 10.6-specific version of the app.
The iOS version had only very minor changes. The icon is now brighter and accented characters are now handled better in the picture captions.